Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lazy Saturday

Finally, a day for sleeping in but we are up before 7.  We putter around and talk with the folks who have already gathered around the cars.  Four Cords parked in a row and visible from the highway draw a crowd.  This will be our first real breakfast of the trip.  We grab a table and start with a cup of coffee.  The Wohlwend's have joined us for breakfast -- the others are sleeping in.

After breakfast, I head out for a run.  Just a few yards up the road there is a horse trail that heads back into the hills.  The trail follows from one fence-line to the next as I head north.  At each turn another ranch comes into view.  It is simply spectacular.  I run for 30 minutes and then change direction and begin to work my way back to the motel.  No cars, no people, not even a horse to spoil the peacefulness of this place.  

Three Cords head into town to run errands.  Don picks up his fuel pump.  We pick up a fuse for our GPS charger, and we all head to the Buffalo Bill Museum.  Barrie is anxious to spend some time working on the car so we pass on the museum (I have seen it several times but it just gets better and better).  We stop at the store for a sandwich and some car-snacks and then head back west.  I am now caught up on the blog but I do want to post an update on how the new wheels.  That will come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment